Working Groups for the Eleventh Five Year Plan (2007-2012)
Dated 25th April 2006
In the context of the formulation of the Eleventh Five Year Plan, it has been decided to set up a Working Group on ports. The composition of the Working Group will be as follows:
2. The Terms of Reference of Working Group will be as follows:
3. The Chairman of the Working Group may include any additional terms of reference in consultation with Member (AH), Planning Commission.
4. The Chairman of the Working Group may co-opt officials or non-officials as Members and constitute sub-groups, if considered necessary.
5. The non-official Members of the Working Group will be paid TA / DA at the rates applicable for Grade-I officers of the Central Government for attending meetings of the Working Group.
6. Department of Shipping has formulated NMDP Programme port sector component of which comprise of projects to be implemented / under implementation in major ports upto 31st March, 2012. Working Group will take into account the projects proposed in NMDP and also factor in the Business Plans prepared by the major ports while formulating its recommendations.
7. The Working Group will submit its report to the Planning Commission by 31st August, 2006.
8. Sh. Sugan Singh, Director (Tpt.), Planning Commission, Room No. 461, Yojana Bhavan (Tel. No. 23096706) will act as the Nodal Officer and any further communication in this regard may be made with him.